The specific objectives of the project are:
- To know the curricular requirements for a course addressed to professionals working with people with ASD.
- To define the basic knowledge and competences about autism that every professional must have for a competent and satisfactory care based on the previous research.
- To design a new training and work based learning for the development of competent professionals from different fields.
- To implement this training in a sample of professionals in different countries participating in the project.
- To evaluate the quality of the course.
- To make freely available all project outputs for potential users and stakeholders through the development of a toolkit.
- To hold national and international conferences for disseminating the project outputs.
- To establish a network of people working on ASD projects for knowledge exchange and co-creation.
IPA+ project is structured in several phases to achieve different outputs and results:
- IO1 – Research on curricular and training requirements.
Aimed to carry out a research through primary and secondary resources about the curricular requirements for a training addressed to professionals working with people with ASD.
- IO2 – Curriculum design
Aimed to provide a curriculum with agreed goals and contents for the development of the subsequent learning modules (IO3) and for the course implementation (IO4).
- IO3 – Development of learning modules.
Aimed to create learning modules for the course.
- IO4 – Implementation and validation of the course.
Aimed to implement the course according to the curriculum and learning modules in Burgos (Spain), Lisbon (Portugal) and Belgrade (Serbia).
- IO5 – Toolkit for course delivery
Aimed to serve as a set of instructions and supporting documents in order other professionals – out of the project consortium – interested in the course can implement it easily and independently.
- IO6 – Dissemination
Aimed to assure a quality and potential diffusion of the project information and products along the different target groups identified and relevant stakeholders.