LEVEL I – Comprehensive course
Competences and professional profile
a) New professional roles
- Why is the professional profile important?
b) Professional Competences
- Team Work.
- Initiative and creativity.
- Communication, empathy and positive attitude.
- Knowledge application.
- Specialized training and continuing education.
c) Emotional regulation
- The importance of emotional self-regulation.
- Occupational Burnout – Signs and symptoms.
- Emotional regulation.
- Guidelines and protective factors.
d) Practice based on rights, values and ethics
- The medical vs the social model of disability.
- The medical Model.
- The social Model.
- A rights-based approach to disability.
- Develop attitudes and values in line with international good practices based that follow a rights-based approach.
- Understand the importance of continuous training and the multidisciplinary approach for a professional in the autism field.
- Understand the importance of following a person-centered approach and of promoting supported decision-making and self-determination.
- Understand the importance of family support and teamwork.
- Learn useful strategies that allow optimizing the communication with the families and the coordination with other professionals.
- Learn emotional regulation techniques to promote self-control.
- Autism and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (2011):
Available at: http://www.autismeurope.org/files/files/un-leaflet-2012-final-en.pdf
- Article: Legal Capacity of People with Autism:
Available at: http://www.autismeurope.org/files/files/Publications-2012/legal-capacity-for-people-with-autism.pdf
- Position paper on care for people with autism :
Available at: http://www.autismeurope.org/files/files/docpos08-uk.pdf
- The autism “epidemic”: Ethical, legal, and social issues in a developmental spectrum disorder. Graf WD1, Miller G2, Epstein LG2, Rapin I2 (2°17):
Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28275086
- Job Burnout. (2001). Christina Maslach1, Wilmar B. Schaufeli2, and Michael P. Leiter3
- Impact of psychoeducation intervention module on parents of children with autism spectrum disorders: A preliminary study (2015).
Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4692011/
- “Todo sobre el autismo” capítulo 12 (2016):
Available at: http://www.bibvirtual.ucb.edu.bo/opac/Record/100024856/Details
- Self regulation strategies.
Available at: http://learninginaction.com/pdf/srs.pdf
The trainees have to carry out 3 theoretical-practical activities. In addition, they must have to do a self-assessment test of 20 items, which that will be considered approved, provided that at least 75% of the questions are answered correctly.